Saturday, February 3, 2007

1. Bad Things Come in Small Packages

I have been ill with a disease called Sarcoidosis for many years. The disease was initially diagnosed in 1985 or 86, but in retrospect it had been attacking me for at least 10 years previous to that. Doc hit me with the standard sarc treatment - prednisone. Then when my lung x-ray cleared up I was declared 'cured.' Unhappily this was not so.

The progression of this chronic illness is insidious, and over subsequent years it sapped my strength, caused every muscle and joint in my body to ache, produced blocked nasal passages, headaches, ruined my sleep patterns and generally reduced me to what I used to call "a one-hundred year old man."

I began doing some online research and was surprised to discover that Sarcoid was being solved. Not by any large drug research group or university science lab. They have 'bigger fish' to fry and there is no money to be made curing something that is considered a rare disease. Interestingly, this research into sarcoid is also uncovering a common link with other chronic illnesses and we may have just begun plumbing the depths of an ice-burg. It's still an unfolding story.

Anyway, I've been using the Marshall Protocol for a couple of years now and while I still have good and bad days, my health has been on a solid upward incline since the start. Here is a short update of the science behind the Protocol -- in my layman's terms. These slides and explanations are taken from the full set available at:
http://autoimmunityresearch.org/chicago2005.htm

The culprits:
The Americans have been searching for Osama Bin Laden for many years now, but can't seem to find him. Imagine if it turned out he'd been hiding inside a US Army tank all along!

That's a silly analogy, but it describes something important regarding bacteria. Chronic illnesses like Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Irritable Bowel and Crohn's Disease, Multiple Sclerocis and Sarcoidosis - ("my" disease) and others, are evidently caused by a form of bacteria that has infested the very immune system cells that were supposed to kill them. This used to be considered "impossible" but the evidence is mounting.

These slides published just a few years ago reveal bacteria "happily" infesting the very Phagocytes responsible for destroying them:


One Doctor whom I admire, when presented with this information, immediately responded. "So, we are infested with these (kind) of bacteria. But do they make us ill?" The answer it turns out is a resounding 'Yes!' -- and the process of how they do so is being uncovered.

I'll post more on that soon.

No comments: