Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taberwet, Hot & Dry in Lillooet!

Today I visited the airport at Pemberton, which is home to several gliders and parachute operations.









I came upon a BC Hydro campsite provided free of charge and as it was time to make camp for the night decided this would be 'it.' This is a remarkable challenge for several reasons. First the bear and cougar warnings will be of interest to France ;-0






Second, there is no WiFi and NO cellular telephone service!! I'm cut off from civilization!!! Oh noooo!!! heh heh. Well, fear not, I do have an iTunes movie downloaded and here I am writing my blog... so I'm not totally roughing it.


The weather is very hot and dry here near Lillooet. At one point my thermometer on the RV said it was 29 degrees...

then we climbed up into the mountains and the temperature dropped to about 21C .... and there was still 3 feet of snow on the ground. ??? crazeee.




Enough to make a person start seeing things!





That's all for now sports fans ... I'll post all this tomorrow (Tuesday) as soon as I find a WiFi hotspot.



No comments: