Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yale, Hope, Harrison and Kilby

My favorite fuel stop in Yale. This marks the southern end of the Fraser canyon. Paddle wheel boats used to chug up this far during the gold rush.



I dropped into the Yale museum but it was closed today. The parts of the display outside gave some background of the local history:


So artsy... rails and trains are kind of neat - and inescapable all along the valley as both the CN and CP mainlines run through here. I saw one RV park that advertised "No Trains" ... indicating they are far enough away to escape the rumbling train noises I guess. But that's just music to my ears along with airplane noises.


After a false start at one very unsatisfactory campground I ended up at the "historic" Kilby campground. I'll explore their historic stores and buildings on the way out tomorrow. Today I'm enjoying the sandy beach, shady campsite, and ...





Of course "Trainspotting!" as some campgrounds call it - a great attempt to make the most of it! (The rumble of the train fills the background as I type. Amazing how sound carries over water.)



No comments: