Sunday, April 15, 2007

just for Terri

So, today we were able to lounge around a little before going to church because now that our little church is growing so much that we've had to split into two services, we only have to show up at 10:30 AM to visit for half-an-hour with the early birds before our service begins.

I actually liked the smaller gathering because it gave me more time to visit with both the 'early birds' and with fellow 'night owls' ... and I see some faces that were previously lost in the crowd (well only 150 - but in our little hall it seemed like a lot). This morning we were about 50 or 60 for the second service and it was cozy.

Our pastor, Ted, gives excellent sermons. He doesn't "preach" and do all the "theatrics" that some do - rather he just calmly, humorously, enthusiastically presents thoughtful messages that expound the bible and our life as 'church.' All-in-all this is a genuine congregation with a wide variety of age groups and backgrounds and interests, but all with genuine love for God and one another. Very cool.

France tried to tease me by making sure some folks new it was my 58th birthday today - but that's okay. We went for lunch at MacDonalds' so France could get another Mdme. Alexandre "Wizard of Oz" doll, did some errands and came home.

I then played for a while on my birthday present - some new digital drum equipment... mmmusic!

Here's a place where I've posted some "noodlings" as I explore the machine:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MesFavoris

One sample: